Friday, May 13, 2011

It's Official: V Has Been Cancelled

V, No Ordinary Family Cancelled by ABC
We're not going to find out what happens next for Erica Evans and her new allies.

I must admit that this announcement fills me with relief more than anything else. While I was rather forgiving with my ratings, the task of reviewing this series was pretty torturous. V was neither "Lord King Badfic" translated to the small screen nor a storytelling triumph; it was just -- stunningly mediocre. Good ideas were scattered throughout, but the writers never pursued those ideas with any vigor.

At some point in the future - probably after they release the entire series on DVD - I'm going to compose a lengthy episode-by-episode post-mortem for V. I think I need to take this bad boy apart and explain in detail why it just didn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment