Monday, August 15, 2011

NPR's Top 100 Sci-Fi/Fantasy Books

I was planning on posting a review of The Vor Game (by Lois Bujold) this week, but I'm completely and utterly blocked. I can't think of a single thing to say that I have not said already in earlier reviews of Bujold's works.

To fill the unexpected gap left by my above-mentioned writing troubles, I have decided to post a link to NPR's recent top 100 list instead:

Your Picks: Top 100 Science-Fiction, Fantasy Books

More than 5,000 of you nominated. More than 60,000 of you voted. And now the results are in. The winners of NPR's Top 100 Science-Fiction and Fantasy survey are an intriguing mix of classic and contemporary titles...

Every book/series I favored in this poll ultimately made it into the top 100, so that makes me happy. I'm especially gratified to discover that Dad and I are not the only people who think Ender's Game is an absolutely terrific novel. Third place for the win!

No comments:

Post a Comment