Sunday, December 9, 2012

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Is Full of Win!

I don't think I'm obsessed enough about My Little Pony to officially call myself a "pegasister," but I do enjoy watching it on Netflix -- especially when the show busts out with a musical number like this one:



Isn't that a surprisingly awesome bit of theater for a TV program that was initially designed to sell toys and is marketed to girls ages four to eight?

In all seriousness, I wish every children's show were like this one: clean, wholesome, and - for the most part - intelligently written. My Little Pony doesn't overwhelm its viewers with hyper, frenetic, senseless silliness (except for the occasional scene featuring Pinkie Pie); instead, it uses old-fashioned storytelling and three-dimensional characterization. What's not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment